Are you looking for a different tzatziki sauce and you are an avocado lover, then this is the best recipe for you!
Light, healthy and easy this sauce is perfect as a side dish for your everyday meals, an ideal dip for your snacks, tasty topping for your fresh green salad and a yummy spread for your homemade sandwich!
Ready in no time and with only a few ingredients.
In addition, if you are a vegan use an unsweetened plant-based yogurt instead of Greek yogurt, the final result will the as tasty as the original.
Yield: 1 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
1 cup Greek yogurt – or 1 cup unsweetened plant-based yogurt
1 small ripe avocado
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a small food processor.
- Mix them for 2-3 min until they become a smooth soft sauce.
- Rest for 5 minutes in the fridge, to let the flavors meld together. *optionally
- You don’t have a food processor or don’t need a super creamy texture then mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Storage: Store tzatziki avocado sauce in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can flavor it with more garlic.
- Also, you can add herbs such as dill, mint, parsley or thyme.
- Plus, seasoning it with lime juice instead of balsamic vinegar. The choices are countless based on your personal taste.
- Served: Served with hot pita bread, crispy oven potatoes, into a sandwich.
I would be really happy to hear from you in the comments below! Let’s share our ideas, opinion and recipes!
This is the original traditional Greek Tzatziki recipe: Easy & Quick Tzatziki Sauce -Greek Recipe
*feel free to check here avocado’s nutrients