Do you need a refreshing salad for hot summer days to share it with your main meal or eat it like a snack during the day? This is one of the best with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella!
Simple to make it, it is a light dish for every hour of the day and you should try it adding some cold pasta! It is that easy to transform this tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad into a complete meal for a summer hot day!
Yield: 1 bowl
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 250 gr cherry tomatoes, cut in the middle
- a bunch of fresh basil
- 100 gr fresh mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp caper (optional)
- Rinse well the cherry tomatoes and the fresh basil.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in the middle and put them in a deep bowl.
- Stand out and cut the basil leaves and add them in the bowl.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella into pieces in the same size as the cherry tomatoes and add it in your bowl.
- Add the caper too.
Now it’s time to prepare our salad dressing!
- Put in a small container the crushed garlic, the balsamic vinegar, the olive oil, the honey, and the salt and mix them until it becomes a smoothy dressing!
- It is ready to add it to your salad!
- Storage: Store the tomato, basil, mozzarella salad in the fridge for a day although it is better to consume it immediately.
- Served: Served with
- fresh baked bread,
- greek rusk
- perfect salad for all your meals.
- You can use feta cheese instead of fresh mozzarella or you can use vegan cheese to transform it into a vegan dish!
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes use the usual tomatoes it is going to be as delicious as with cherry tomatoes!
- Extra TIP: Try to eat your salad right away when you prepare it when all your vegetables are fresh and cold from your fridge.
Enjoy your cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella fresh salad!
Please feel free and write your comments below! I would be super happy to hear your opinion about this salad, share your recipes, or ask for different salad recipes you would like to see!
Do you want more fresh salads recipes? Check this one too!
Check some benefits of basil leaves here if you’d like to.