Pickled Cucumber Recipe
An easy and quick recipe for an extremely delicious pickled cucumber! This recipe needs a few basic ingredients and almost no time to prepare! Ideal for vegan and vegetarian diets as well! Combine more vegetables if desired, such as onions or carrots, or use the same recipe with a different vegetable!
- 2 small cucumbers , sliced into 1 ½ cm
- 100 gr granulated sugar
- 150 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinches chili flakes
- 1 tsp peppercorn
Rinse the cucumbers and cut them into 1 ½ cm slices.
Put a pot on high heat, combine the white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and chili flakes and bring to a boil.
When it comes to a boil, add the sugar and stir for a minute until it melts.
When the sugar has melted, add the cucumber slices to the pot and stir. Make sure all the slices are completely covered in the mixture and bring it to a boil again.
Once the mixture has boiled, remove the pot from the heat and transfer the mixture to a large jar.
Cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap. Make sure the wrap directly touches the surface of the mixture. Close the jar and place it in the fridge for an hour to chill.
- Served with:
- burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches,
- chickpeas, white beans, and lentils soup,
- cold pasta tuna salad, lentils salad, potato salad.
- Spice up with coriander seeds, red pepper flakes, mustard seeds.
- Storage: Store in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.