Easy Garlic & Lemon Hummus Recipe
An easy hummus recipe with canned chickpeas ready in no time! A creamy, tasty, and healthy dip. Ideal for vegan and vegetarian diet too! It needs only a few basic ingredients and a small food processor.
- 1.5 cups canned chickpeas , or cooked (250g)
- 4 tbsp tahini , (60mL)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil , extra-virgin - (15mL)
- 1 lemon , juiced - (~3 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup water , (60mL) - (~4 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.2 tsp paprika , optional
Rinse well the canned chickpeas.
Place all ingredients except for the chickpeas in a food processor and blend on high until well combined. Stop the blending occasionally to scrape the sides.
When you have a smooth and creamy consistency the hummus is ready!
Plate, sprinkle with olive oil, and garnish with olives and chopped fresh herbs and serve.
- with raw vegetables such as cucumber, carrots, red, yellow, and green peppers,
- with olive oil on top, and some olives, vegan cheese or feta, and homemade bread on the side.
- Spice up the hummus with flavors like cumin, fresh cilantro, or smoked paprika.
- Add more or less garlic.
- Add roasted garlic.
- Add more or less lemon.
- Replace tahini with Greek yogurt if you are not a fan of tahini.
- Storage: Serve and enjoy it immediately. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Extra Tip: If you do not use canned chickpeas that are already cooked and you are cooking from dried chickpeas then this is about 1/2 cup dried.